Monday, July 16, 2007

New ideas


First before I share what we've been processing. Found this photo of the last DTS staff team I lead at Vancouver the other day so thought I'd post it.
We've been wandering how to make some more money and move on to serve more. Two weeks ago a friend of mine asked Jay to photograph her wedding in October. He wanted to but we don't have a good enough camera so she said she'd give us money for one as payment for the wedding photo's. WOW so God arranged a camera sale for us and Jay bought his dream camera. I soon told friends our exciting news and he was asked to photograph a kid's party and a 50th birthday. This may be the new thing to help boost the income. Pretty exciting and I'm full of ideas for it. We may even do a wedding package and I be a wedding planner. How cool would that be! Plus Jay has been invited onto the worship team to play his percussions and I may help out with planning women's events. Also hoping to move to a bigger house next year to be able to entertain you fine people and maybe get a student to live with us plus I may run a small day care for 3 days a week starting in February.
Plus there's more, we get to share our vision for encouraging churches in Christchurch to focus more on the 10/40 window to the unreached people groups with our church Monday August 6th.
Joshua is doing well in the midst of Mum and Dad's endevours. I've also discovered I love scrapebooking. I'm working on one for my Mum's 80th birthday next month. Hey winter doesn't have to boring after all.
Lots of love till next time....

5 comments:

jamie said...

my chasing furies shirt and my green pants! awww i miss them..

what a great photo mary, thanks for posting! Those were the good ol' days ;)

Love the idea of you being a wedding planner and jay being a photographer- How fun!

Rachel said...

great photo mary...i miss jamies green pants too but i certainly dont miss my hair being that short!! good times!!!
sounds like life is pretty exciting. the photography/wedding planning is a great idea!
keep us posted!!
miss you and love you lots!

j. oates said...

photo brings back good memories. life does sound exciting. i'm glad that you are getting to do more and God does care about the little things and the big things doesn't he? love and miss ya

Emily Deu said...

sounds like you guys are doing so much and it all sounds great!!! Are you guys going to have more kids???

Emily

jamie said...

Hey Mary - i know, wasn't the grey's finale sooo sad? I couldn't believe it... don't know too much dirt except burke is definitely not coming back and meredith's sister, Lexi (the girl Derek was flirting with at the bar) is joining the case next season - boo!!!