Monday, February 11, 2008

A long awaited post




Hi friends, Sorry I haven't posted for ages. I got a little put off by it all when I got a posting from someone I didn't know who liked the look of my son. It kind of frecked me out a little as I though how vunerable I am to the web through this blog. Anyway, I guess that sounds a little silly but I'm over that now so I'll try to make time again.

Belated Happy New Year wishes to everyone!!! We went to Wellington and had Christmas with my matron and of honor and her family and my Mum. It was great. 9 of us. I loved it. I love being with lots of people. I guess that's why YWAM suited me so much. While we were in a NZ museam Te Papa, Joshua decided to join in a dance that was being performed for us. I'll post some pictures of that. So cute.

Joshua is about to have 3 operations. Tonsils and adenoids out and grommets for his ears. He's been struggling for awhile and I'll be so glad when its done - 28th February. We got a gift of money so we can go private which means we can have the operation in 2 weeks time instead of 3 months through the public system.

Jay is looking for another job and enjoying the process of doing tests etc to find out what he'd be suited for. I'm all set up to run a small day care from home now and hope to have 2 children to care for starting early March. I've asked for a 2yr old and a 3yr old. I will do this 3 days a week and I'm looking forward to it. I'm praying for the right families and hoping I will make a difference in all of their lives.

The great idea's of Jay photographing weddings and me the wedding planner never took off and now the wedding season here in NZ is almost over. That's ok, but the money would of been nice.

Focus on the family has been talking a lot about marriage with Valentines this week, so I've been thinking about how to better communicate with Jay. Men are so different from us. Well at least I think so...

Thinking of Heidi getting married in India soon. Plus hoping her world ticket will include a trip to us in NZ.

Bye for now,
Love Mary.
PS thanks for letting me catch up on your lives through your blogs.

4 comments:

j. oates said...

mary.. thanks for the note and it's great to see what you are up to. Kael has been dancing alot this week too. sooo cute!!!

Emily Deu said...

Oh mary, I'm sorry to hear about that person leaving a weird note. I think about how open it is too sometimes.

Glad that your back on though, cause I love hearing about what's going on for you.

A day care sounds fun!

I had to get my adnoids, tonsils and tubes put in my ears all before I was 10 too. At least he's young enough that he won't remember it like I do!

Flying Kiwi said...

HI Mary,
So great to see your news. I am sorry I keep missing your calls on Skype, I need to turn it off when I am away from my computer. Hope you enjoy the end of summer!
Love
Helen

joanna said...

so glad you posted, Mary, I hope you like the daycare.
love you,
jo